SMITH NOSES OUT GORE IN DORMITORY RIVALRY

SMITH WINS IN ROWING, CROSS-COUNTRY AND TENNIS

The awarding of numerals to the members of the Freshman football, soccer, and cross-country teams, and the close of the fall outdoor sports has enabled the Department of Physical Education to compute the standing of the Freshman dormitories in their race for the Interdormitory Championship. Smith, with 19 points, barely leads Gore, second with 17 points. Standish is a poor third, trailing with nine points.

Four sports and the representation gained on Freshman teams are taken into account in determining the standing of the three championship contenders. In the case of crew, each dormitory was allowed to enter a boat in three classes, but only the record of the first dormitory outfit was considered in the case of football, cross-country, and tennis.

Smith Triumps in Crew Races

In the three crew races, Smith captured all first places, thus amassing a crew total of 15. Standish, with two seconds and a tie for third, is next with eight points. Gore was badly outclassed on the water, and gained only four points.

In football, Gore carried off the honors, defeating both Standish and Smith. Standish with a win over Smith, was second.

Smith, Gore, and Standish finished the cross-country race in that order, and five, three, and one points, went, respectively, to these three.

Smith also triumphed in the tennis finals, Gore and Standish finishing in that order.

Gore Leads in Numeral Winner

In order that a dormitory, strong in athletic material, should not suffer in the race for Interdormitory honors by having all its men playing on the Freshman teams, the dormitories are given points according to the number of its men placed on the regular teams. Gore led in this respect, being followed by Smith and Standish in that order.

The summary: Smith  Gore  Standish Rowing  5  1  3 Football  1  5  3 cross-country  5  3  1 Tennis  5  3  1 Numerals  3  5  1 Totals  19  17  9