FISHER HEADS NEW FOOTBALL COUNCIL

H. H. White '93, Lothrop Withington '11, G. G. Brown '10 and C. C. Buell '23 Complete Council

R. T. Fisher '12, who recently announced his resignation as head coach of the University football team, was last night appointed head of the newly selected Football Advisory Committee, according to an announcement made by Major Moore.

The other four members of the committee are H. H. White '98, G. G. Brown '10, Lothrop Withington '11, and C. C. Buell '23.

The selection of Fisher as chairman of the committee which will pick his successor as head coach, is conclusive refutation of the criticisms that have been hurled at his head by the general public during the last two or three years.

When Fisher announced at the end of the 1924 football season that he would prefer to devote himself to business, the newspapers and sports writers declared that his retirement would be no disappointment to the larger percentage of the alumni body. That this statement was both hastily and ignorantly conceived was shown by the fact that Coach Fisher was practically forced, in spite of his own sincere protestations, to continue in office for one more year. At the time, he emphatically stated that he would have to resign at the end of the 1925 season.

Much the same kind of epithets were hurled at Coach Fisher during the course of the past season and the newspapers again concluded that Harvard would now surely dispense with his services once and for all. Hence, his appointment as Chairman of the Advisory Committee is another surprise to the sports writers, although not to Harvard men, who have realized fully the value of the services that he has rendered.

Of the four other members the Committee, three are former football players, while H. H. White represents, presumably, the non-football alumni.

Lothrop Withington captained the University team in 1910 at right tackle. He has since been closely connected with the conduct of football on Soldier's Field and has been a valuable assistant-coach.

G. G. Brown played at end for three successive years, in 1907, 1908, and 1909.

C. C. Buell played at quarterback for three years, in 1920, 1921, and 1922, and during the last year captained the eleven. He made a national reputation as one of the most remarkable field generals than the game has produced. Since his graduation Buell has been teaching at Milton Academy, and during the past season produced a championship school team.

Buell, Brown, and Withington, are reappointments, as all three served on last year's committee, which was headed by M. J. Logan '15.