WRIGHT DEFEATS SQUASH CAPTAIN TO TAKE CROWN

UNION TOURNAMENT GOES INTO ITS LAST ROUNDS

With a brilliant and consistent display of racquet wielding and footwork, which kept his opponent baffled, R. S. Wright '26, yesterday afternoon captured the College Squash title by defeating Captain G. D. Debevoise '26 15--9, 15--18, 15--7, and 18--17. Yesterday's contest brought out the best squash run on the University courts this year.

Captain Debevoise tried desperately to break the steadiness of his opponent's play by changing his style of game several times, without much success. Wright was going at top speed from the start and his supposed weakness against a soft.

The Gold Coast Orchestra has just received a shipment of records made by the Columbia Phonograph Company. These records, the first to be made by a University orchestra, are not to be placed on public sale. They are available from individual members of the orchestra only. A syncopated version of Rubenstein's "Kammenoi-Ostrow" is on one side, and the popular "My Sweetie Turned Me Down" is on the other. The latter piece was arranged for the orchestra by John W. Greene '28.

Loser Rallys to Take Second

Both men played a fast, clean cut game with very little interference throughout the match. The loser speeded up his play after dropping the first game, and forced the second to deuce, which he won at 18--15. Wright took the third game easily and captured the fourth and the match in another deuce game, 18--17, game failed to show up.

By his victory yesterday, which also counted as a test match to determine the ranking of the team for the match next Saturday with the Harvard Club quintet, Wright advanced to first man and Cap- tain Debevoise dropped to second place. H. N. Rawlins '27, P. M. Lenhart '27, and L. S. Haskins '26 will occupy the last three places on the team respectively. In gaining a place in the finals Debevoise won from Lenhart 3--1, and Wright defeated Manager G. H. Perkins '26, 3--0.

In the Union Squash tournament L. A. Weissman '26 reached the semi-final round of Class A by taking straight games from P. R. Pease '26. In the lower half of the draw E. D. Pratt '27 sprang a surprise with a 2--1 win over Lenhart, reaching the round before the semi-finals. He will meet Haskins in the next match. Rawlins will play J. L. Poole '28 for the second semi-final berth in the lower half. In class B of the Union tournament B. L. Brenner will play Horace Bowker Jr. '29 in the finals.

In the challenge matches, H. B. Jackson '27 won over P. R. Pease '26 and E. D. Pratt '27 defeated L. A. Weisman '26