QUINTET TO OPPOSE SPRINGFIELD COLLEGE

May Surprise Crimson Five Tonight-Wachter's Men Going Well-Jones Back in Best Form

The University basketball five will attempt to break into the win column tonight, when it will play host to the Springfield Y. M. C. A. College on the Hemenway Gymnasium floor at 8 o'clock.

With six days rest since the Dartmouth game last week at Hanover, Coach Wachter's men are in good condition. The week has been devoted to practice aimed to correct the faults that were manifest in that game, principally hurried and inaccurate passing, and several hard and close scrimmages during the week have increased the optimism of the squad for tonight's game.

Springfield Has Lost Five Games

Springfield brings a record that is unimpressive. A season of ten games has been split, with five victories and five defeats. Rhode Island State, Vermont, Massachusetts, and Connecticut Agricultural Colleges have defeated the Springfield five, the last outfit winning twice. On the other hand the visitors have scored several creditable victories, notable among them those over Boston University, Middlebury and Boston Colege, the last-named being downed by a 36 to 22 score.

The element of possible surpise tonight is explained by the fact that the Springfield quintet has obviously yet to find its true strength. Every game has seen a different line-up taking the floor, and the team is equipped with a strong supply of substitute material:

Jones is Sensational

The Crimson development in the last week has been featured by the sensational playing of Jones, which has won for him his old position at forward. The Dartmouth game saw him outscoring every player on the floor and in practice he has shown shooting accuracy that featured his play in his Freshman year. Leekley will move back to center tonight, displacing Rauh. The guard positions will again be filled by Malick and Morrison, the latter acting as captain in the absence of Captain Samborski, who is still on the injured list.