DARTMOUTH 1928 FALLS BEFORE FRESHMAN SEXTET

Crimson Skaters Gain 3 to 1 Verdict in Fast, Rough Game--Captain Lane of Dartmouth Is Individual Star

Playing a fast, steady game, the Freshman hockey team skated to a 3 to 1 victory over the Dartmouth 1928 stickmen at the Arena Saturday afternoon.

For a time neither team was able to score, although both goals were threatened very often. After ten minutes of play, Lane succeeded in breaking through the Harvard defense and driving the puck into the net for the first tally. Crawford tied the score shortly afterward when he slammed the puck in on a rebound.

Garrison Scores Unaided

In the second period Chase scored on a pass from Saltonstall. Toward the end of the game Garrison scored Harvard's third point, unaided.

The game was a fast and rough one. The frantic dashes and harsh playing of Captain Lane of Dartmouth made him the outstanding figure of the afternoon.

The Crimson team showed up well. The fast skating of Chase and Crawford, and the brilliant stops of Morrill were features of the contest.

The summary. HARVARD 1928  DARTMOUTH 1928 Crawford, Nordberg r.w.  l.w. Foster, Bavier, Thompson Chase, Richardson c.  c. Gardner, O'Sullivan Saltonstall, Richardson l.w.  r.w. Milliken, Nixon, Foster Robinson r.d.  l.d. Lane Garrison, Watts l.d.  r.d. McPhail, Cote Morrill g.  g. Westhaver, Clark

Score, Harvard 1928 3, Dartmouth 1928 1. Goals, Crawford, Chase, Garrison, Lane. Referees, Bratt and Stewart. Time, three 20-minute periods.