CHEEK WINS ELECTION TO P. B. H. PRESIDENCY

SEDGEWICK, FIELD, AND COLLIDGE AMONG NEW OFFICERS

Marion Adolphus Cheek '26 of Berkeley, Cal., was yesterday elected president of the Phillips Brooks House Association Cabinet, succeeding Benjamin Franklin Rice Bassett '25, who has served in that capacity since last spring. John James Maher '26 of Bridgeport, Conn., was elected vice-president.

The men chosen yesterday, with the exception of the treasurer, are to take office immediately after the spring recess. At that time, on April 13, a meeting of the retiring and incoming cabinets will be held at which the members of the retiring cabinet will make their annual reports of the work of the Phillips Brooks House which has been under their control. The new officers, excepting the treasurer, will then take up their duties which consist in the general supervision of all the work of the Phillips Brooks House, in co-operation with W. I. Tibbetts '17, graduate secretary, and the other members of the cabinet. The treasurer will assume office on July 1, the beginning of the fiscal year.

Poll Above Average This Year

According to those in charge of the counting, the polling this year was slightly above the average of other years. The actual number of votes obtained by each of the various candidates was not disclosed, it being the custom set in former elections, to publish only the general results.

The complete summary of the elections held yesterday is as follows; president, M. A. Cheek '26; vice-president, J. J. Maher '26; secretary, F. M. Sedgwick '27; treasurer, F. V. Field '27; librarian, Laurence Coolidge '27.