CRIMSON'S NEW POCOCK SHELL LEAVES SEATTLE

Replica of Last Year's Purchases Is Shipped Today--More Barges Go Out on Charles Despite Floes

According to world received last night through the B. A. A. a new shell for the first crew is being shipped today from Seattle, Washington. The new boat was built by the well-known constructor, George Pocock, and is a replica of the two purchased last spring Coach Stevens expects to have it on the water in about three weeks when spring practice will begin in earnest.

Practice for the University crews is being continued on the Charles under the favor of good weather conditions. Some trouble was experienced yesterday afternoon, however, when light ice floes partially choked the rowing space, necessitating the use of the launch to keep it clear. Coach Stevens expects that two more mild days will find the river entirely free for practice.

No division of the first crews has yet been made. The work so far is entirely preliminary and only barges are being used. About March 1 the combinations will be selected and the class crews assigned.

The only river practice for the Freshmen continues to be in the Levis than, which is not at all hampered by the ice. The question of coxes for the Freshman, as well as the University squads, is being rapidly cleared up as nine new candidates for the position were signed up yesterday.