CRIMSON FIVE FACES SOUTHERN CHAMPIONS

University May Have Difficulty With New Style of Play--Visiting Forwards Like Lightning on Offense

HARVARD  NORTH CAROLINA Leekley l.f.  r.g. Purser Smith r.f.  l.g. Devin Rauh c.  c. Dodderer Samborski l.g.  r.f. Cobb Morrison r.g.  l.f. McDonald

With three of last year's veterans in the line-up the champion basketball team of the South, North Carolina, will invade Cambridge tonight for a game with the University quintet. The contest will start at 8 o'clock in Hemenway Gymnasium.

This year the Southern quintet is a dark horse, not having played against highly rated teams yet. Tonight will be the first game of the Northern trip, and whether it is on its way to a fourth championship or not may be seen from its showing against the Crimson. Cobb at forward and Dodderer at center are a pair of hard-playing veterans that will try the Harvard defense to the utmost. The former is especially fast and a sure shot from anywhere within the foul line. He has led his team in scoring for the last two years and Samborski will have his hands full guarding him.

Expect New Style of Play

The Crimson combination has not practiced since the M. A. C. game, Coach Wachter being well satisfied with its showing against the Aggies. But tonight the Southerners are expected to show another style of play, which may cause the University more trouble than M. A. C.'s zone defense system. If the Crimson five-man defense functions properly it should hold the visitors' forwards to a minimum of goals from the floor, unless they prove to be exceptional at the long shots. The Harvard offense will be the deciding factor, whether Smith, Leekley, Rauh, and Jones will be able to reach the North Carolina basket as surely as they did the M. I. T. and M. A. C. baskets.

Captain Samborski is limping from a slight leg injury but will probably start the game. Rauh's scoring touch in the last game earned him the tap-off position, while Leekley will pair off with Smith at forward and Morrison will stay at right guard.