SQUASH PLAYERS COMPETE FOR NATIONAL HONORS

DIXON ENTERS BOTH TEAM AND INDIVIDUAL TOURNEYS

The University squash racquets team left yesterday at 6.10 o'clock for Buffalo, where it will compete in the National Squash Tournament. The first match for the University racquetmen will be played today against Washington, D. C.

Twelve entries have been made in the tournament and matches will be played as follows:

Preliminaries--Toronto vs. New York City: Buffalo vs. Providence; Hamilton vs. Philadelphia; Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh. First Round--Boston vs. Detroit; Harvard vs. Washington.

Finals to be Played Monday

The winning team in the tournament will play today and Sunday both morning and afternoon before reaching the semi-final and final rounds, which will be played off on Monday.

The University team is composed of Captain W. P. Dixon '25, G. B. Debevoise '26, H. N. Rawlins '27, E. M. Upjohn '25 and A. L. Smith '25. Dixon and Coach Cowles made an early start, having left yesterday morning at 10 o'clock. The other members of the team accompanied by Manager E. L. Hunt '25 and P. M. Lenhart '27, the sole Crimson substitute, followed yesterday evening. Whether or not Dixon will enter the individual tournament is not yet a certainty, but as the luck of the draw sends him against Armus Martin of Hamilton, Ontario, a player of no great distinction, it is probable that he will essay the heavy task of playing for both titles.

In Buffalo, the individual tournament will be played on the Buffalo Tennis and Squash Courts, and the team tournament matches will be divided between the Buffalo Tennis and Squash and the Saturn Club Courts. Besides the national tournament a "consolation tournament" will be held today and on Sunday and Monday.