SQUASH MEN GRAB NATIONAL HONORS

Record at Buffalo Gives Team Slate of 56 Matches Won Out of 60 Played for Whole Season

Harvard was a double winner at Buffalo yesterday when the University squash racquets team won the National Team Championship by defeating Boston in the finals 5 to 0 and Dixon won the Individual Championship of the nation by downing Peabody three games to one.

The team reached the finals by defeating Washington 5 to 0 and Philadelphia 4 to 1. The only match lost by Harvard came in the semi-finals when, after a five-game struggle, G. D. Debevoise '26 lost to S. P. Clark '14 of Philadelphia. In the finals, W. P. Dixon '25, playing number one for the University, defeated M. P. Baker '22, 17-7, 15-12, 11-15, 15-5, who had decisively beaten him last week in the Massachusetts State Championship finals.

Debevoise defeated Callahan 12-15, 15-13, 17-14, 12-15, 15-10, and H. N. Rawlins '27 won over Gray 15-12, 12-15, 15-11, 15-13. E. M. Upjohn '25, having lost his first game in 14 matches to Bradley of Philadelphia on Sunday, dropped the second to Plimpton of Boston, whom he defeated 15-4, 15-9, 15-19, 15-13. A. L. Smith '25, playing number five, defeated Badger in straight games 15-10, 16-14, 15-14.

The results of this play at Buffalo makes the season record for the University team 56 matches won out of a total of 60 played.

In the finals of the Individual Squash Racquets Championship, Dixon, playing with marked steadiness and accuracy, defeated C. C. Peabody of the Tennis and Racquet Club, 10-15, 15-8, 15-9, 15-6.