STUDENT COUNCIL PICKS FRESHMAN NOMINEES

THE ELECTION WILL BE HELD ON MARCH 4

The nominees for the Freshman class officers were announced yesterday by B. F. Rice-Bassett '25, chairman of the Student Council committee on Freshman affairs.

The election will be held on March 4 and will follow in general the rules in force in former years. In accordance with a recent decision of the Student Council, no Student Council member will be elected from the Freshman class this year.

The Student Council committee emphasized the fact that at least 60 per cent of the Freshman class must vote in order to make the election valid.

As in the past, additional nominations may be made by a petition signed by 35 members of the Freshman class. Such nominations must be handed in to B. F. Rice-Bassett at Grays Hall 2, at 8 o'clock Monday morning, March 2.

Preferential System to be Used

In the election, the preferential system of balloting will be used as usual. Each voter will indicate his order of preference for all the candidates for each office. A first choice shall count one, a second, two, and so on. The candidate receiving the lowest numerical total shall be declared elected. Any ballot on which all the candidates for any office have not been voted upon shall be declared invalid for that office."

The polls will be open in Gore, Smith, and Standish Halls from 8.30 in the morning of March 4 to 8 o'clock in the evening and in Sever Hall from 9 to 1 o'clock.

The nominees are as follows:

For President

Albert Henry O'Neil of Jamaica Plain.

William Gurdon Saltonstall of Headville.

For Vice-President

Dudley Bell of Waltham.

Allen Orrick Fordyee of St. Louis, Mo.

For Secretary-Treasurer

William Nelson Bump of New Rochelle, N. Y.

Langdon Dearborn of Havana, Cuba