FORMIDABLE B. U. QUINTET AT HEMENWAY TONIGHT

WACHTER WILL START McELROY AT CENTER

The University basketball team will try to ring up its ninth victory of the season tonight when it opposes the Boston University quintet at Hemenway Gymnasium at 8 o'clock. So far the Crimson is undefeated by a New England college on its own court, but the next three games will see the strongest sort of New England opposition in Hemenway. Connecticut Agricultural College and Yale will be the visitors of next week, and the University will have to maintain a fast stride to keep its record clear.

Tonight's game will see a piece of strategy in the use of McElroy at Center. Coach Wachter is planning to start him because of his height, which should be of material advantage for the first few plays, after which he will be replaced by Leekley. Otherwise the Crimson will line up as it has in recent games.

The Boston five will invade Cambridge tonight with a strong reputation. Eight victories and three defeats comprise its record, two of the latter being scored by the Army and M. A. C. by one and two points respectively. Among the teams which have bowed to the B. U. five are Holy Cross, New Hampshire, Springfield twice, and Vermont. Cohen and Horton are the leading scorers of the visitors. HARVARD  B. U. Smith r.f.  l.g. Mongeau Jones l.f.  r.g. August McElroy c.  c. Horton Samborski r.g.  l.f. Fox Morrison l.g.  r.f. Cohen