LET JOY BE UNRESTRAINED

The University extends its congratulations and the expression of its gratitude to Dean Pound upon his decision. It is grateful that he is to remain here where the reputation of the Law School has risen with the growing pre-eminence of its Dean. It is grateful that Dean Pound is not to abandon the work which he undertook nine years ago, even in the face of so advantageous and weighty an offer.

The University congratulates the Dean that he has decided to go on with his work of legal research, and not to stray into the tempting field of university administration. What he would gain through influencing the future course of one of the strongest midwestern institutions, he might lose through leaving his chosen work. Dean Pound has only just begun his work in jurisprudence; the past is a promise of his future achievement.

The students of the Law School are to be congratulated on retaining at their head a man of such great reputation and ability. The University of Wisconsin is to be condoled; Harvard truly appreciates what Wisconsin has just missed. The University wants Dean Pound to realize its gratitude, and it congratulates itself upon retaining so able an administrator and so eminent a jurist.