CRIMSON FIVE BOWS TO FAST DARTMOUTH TEAM

GREEN'S FIVE-MAN DEFENSE HARD TO PIERCE

In one of the fastest games of the season, the Crimson bowed to the Dartmouth five on Saturday night at Hanover, 25 to 22. The leaders of the Intercollegiate League set the pace throughout, displaying a more polished attack, and no doubt profiting by the inability of the University quintet to become adapted to the large court, but the playing was at all times fast, although marred in the first period by numerous penalties.

Jones started the evening with a Crimson lead when he tallied twice from the floor during the first few minutes. He played well on the large floor and his passing and shooting was a big feature in the Harvard scoring.

Harvard Faces Five-Man Defense

Friedman and Sailor were the mainstays of the Hanover five, netting between them more than half of their team's total; and starring on the defense. The Harvard quintet found itself opposed for the first time this year by the same kind of defense as that used by the University. Coach Wachter, brother of the University basketball coach, has perfected a five-man defense system that proved bothersome to the Crimson forwards.

Rivaling Jones on the offense for Harvard, were Leekley and Smith. They tallied only once each from the floor but Leekley's foul shooting by which he netted six points, and Smith's handling of the ball were big factors in the University's showing. The game was the last event on the program of the Dartmouth Winter Carnival. HARVARD  DARTMOUTH Smith, Dorn r.f.  l.g. Sailor, McDonald Jones, l.f.  r.g. Goas, Douglas Leekley, c.  c. Dey, Oliver Malick; Bourne, r.g.  l.f. Friedman Morrison, l.g.  r.f. Picken

Score, Dartmouth 25, Harvard 22. Goals from the floor, Jones 3, Leekley, Morrison, Smith, Picken 2, Sailor 2, Goas 2, Friedman, Dey. Goals from fouls, Leekley 6, Smith 2, Morrison, Jones, Friedman 5, Sailor 2, Dey, Goas. Refree, Kelley. Time 20-minute halves.