CRIMSON ESSAY CONTEST COMES TO CLOSE TOMORROW NIGHT--MANUSCRIPTS DUE AT 5

"What one particular policy, plan, or improvement would you like to see extended or inaugurated at Harvard?"

In order that essays in answer to the above subject may receive consideration in the CRIMSON Prize Contest, all contestants are reminded that manuscripts must be in the office of the Managing Editor of the Harvard CRIMSON, 18 Plympton Street, before 5 o'clock tomorrow night.

The scholarship of approximately $600, which will be awarded the author of the winning essay, entitles him to a free tour of Europe in a party managed by the Student Tours Association of Princeton, N. J.

Several essays have already been received and the scope of the various University affairs which they consider is quite as wide as the subject promised. There are many aspects of the University open to extension and the need for new additions to the physical and the traditional limits of the University is great. The awakened criticism, constructive and destructive, of the undergraduates should be as great.

In the essays, keen recognition of needed corrections and soundness of constructive criticism will largely determine the decision of the judges. Professor Bliss Perry, Mr. D. M. Little '18, and Dean E. A. Whitney '17, who have been chosen to pick the winner, will expect the essay to display, in addition, ability in literary expression.

Four college men, from Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Columbia, will be given this opportunity for travel in Europe. While the Harvard representative is chosen by an essay contest, the others will be the winners of popularity contests. The four will make the tour as members of a party composed mainly of undergraduates of men's and women's colleges.

The party will leave New York on July 8 on the S. S. George Washington to be gone 50 days. During that time they will visit six countries and be shown the most important points in eight cities. They will return to New York on the S. S. Harding, arriving August 27.

The trip has been carefully planned by the United States Lines Tours and the usual mistakes of uninstructed tourists will be eliminated. English-speaking guides, familiar with each locality, will be furnished the party, and in London and Paris sightseeing buses will be provided.

That each essay may comply with all requirements of the contest, the rules are reprinted below:

1. Each essay should be between 1000 and 1500 words in length.

2. It should be written or typewritten, on one side of regulation theme or typewriter paper.

3. Each essay should bear the name, the college address, and the college class of the competitor.

4. All essays should be sent to the Managing Editor of the Harvard CRIMSON, 18 Plympton Street, before Tuesday, March 24.

5. There is no limit to the number of essays which any one contestant may submit.

6. The contest is open only to undergraduates.