INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE TENNIS MEET TO BE HELD

FIRST YEAR OF COMPETITION FOR PRENTICE TROPHY

The Oxford-Cambridge vs. Harvard-Yale tennis meet will be held this year on July 6, it was announced at the H. A. A. yesterday on receipt of a letter from the United States Lawn Tennis Association in New York. The Prentice Cup, which is to be awarded each year by Mr. Bernon S. Prentice '05, to the winners of the international match, will be in competition for the first time this year.

Will Play Outside Matches

It was also announced by Mr. Practice, who is in charge of arrangements for the visiting English teams, that the Oxford-Cambridge combination will play a series of matches in the United States in addition to their regular match with Harvard and Yale. Princeton, McGill, and Williams are among the college teams that will be met, together with several club teams. Members of the English teams will also compete as individuals in the intercollegiate Championships, which will be held at the Merlon Cricket Club beginning June 22, and in the invitation Tournaments at Newport, Seabright, and Southampton.

J. P. Carleton, and American, is the captain of the Oxford team and, together with Captain J. J. Lezard of the Cambridge racketmen, is arranging with the Harvard and Yale captains for the details of the American tour. A. W. Jones '25, of Yale, and W. W. Ingraham '25 of the University will be members of the committee to meet the English teams when they arrive in New York about the middle of June.