DEAR OLD TEDDY

The sad little missive in this morning's mail from the Cornell Daily Sun betokens a feeling among its editors almost akin to the yearnings of mother love. They so wanted to have a little pet all their very own. What must have been their anguish then when little "Touchdown" took his last romp with the Big Red Team up and down the campus, or wherever they did romp.

There was "Touchdown", fit as a little butter-ball, rolling around on the campus, just bursting with pride over what his big team was doing, and only getting mixed up with the marking lines occasionally. What gloriously funny things he executed out in front of the Harvard cheering section, culminating in a shower of good-feeling when the referee removed him from the water-pail! Even Old Mother West Wind herself was chuckling good-humoredly.

But oh the pity of it, the awful pity that such a nice docile animal should have to die--poor Cornell, poor bear! But although Harvard has never lost such a treasure, it alas never had one to lose. Small wonder that Cornell won in 1915 for the Crimson team never had a pet of its own to frolic with through the dull afternoons in the Stadium. But could the Big Red Team triumph again without its oh so human mascot to guide it?

Where are you now, little bear? Have you gone to the land where all good "Touchdown" go? Come back, oh come back, for Cornell needs you.