FISHER WILL AGAIN BE HEAD COACH OF FOOTBALL

Daly Will Probably Assist in Spring Practice--Military Duties Must Come First

Robert T. Fisher '12 will retain his position as head coach of the University football team, according to an announcement made last night by the Athletic Committee.

In the face of Coach Fishers' recent emphatic statement that he could not possibly devote his time to coaching next fall, the announcement was more or less of a surprise. It has been known, however, for some time that pressure was being brought to bear to induce him to reconsider his withdrawal.

Fisher Picks Assistants

Coincident with the announcement of the retention of Fisher, it became known that Major Charles Daly '01 and Leo H. Leary '05 will be two of his assistants. These appointments were made at Fisher's recommendation, the committee announced.

The committee issued the following statement after the meeting.

"The Committee on Athletics, at its meeting tonight, re-appointed Robert T. Fisher '12 head coach of football, and,with Mr. Fisher's recommendation, appointed Major Charies D. Daly '01 and Leo H. Leary '05 on the staff of Assistant Coaches. Other coaches will be appointed later.

"Mr. Fisher has been induced to reconsider his withdrawal and has agreed to continue as head coach for the season of 1925.

"It is expected that Major Daly will be transferred during the summer to the instructing staff of the Harvard R. O. T. C. in accordance with a request made to the War Department some time ago by Lieutenant Colonel Browning, commanding the corps. With the understanding that his military duties shall come first. Major Daly has agreed to devote to the football team such time as he may have available. It is expected that he can arrange for his annual leave so as to as sist in the coaching of the squad during the spring practice.

"Mr. Leary, who for years has coached very successfully with both Haughton and Fisher has agreed to take up the work again. He also will assist at spring practice."