FRESHMAN BASEBALL MEN MEET AT SMITH TONIGHT

PRACTICE WILL BEGIN IN CAGE NEXT MONDAY AFTERNOON

Freshman baseball candidates will report for the first time at 7 o'clock this evening in the Smith Halls Common Room. There will be a short meeting addressed by T. J. Campbell 12. Assistant Graduate Treasurer of the H. A. A., E. W. Mahan '16, coach of the University team, and C. B. Davidson, now beginning his third year as coach of the Freshman baseball team.

The management has made an urgent request that all men who intend to try out for the Freshman team this spring report tonight. The primary object of this meeting will be to explain the plans for the season and to get the names of the candidates, who will be asked to sign cards giving their position experience, and so forth.

The management has announced that practice for the Freshmen will start in the cage next Monday, March 9. It is planned that there will be no formal cuts during the cage practice, the first cut coming about a week after the team has been practising on the field. After the first cut dormitory baseball will be organized under the direction of Coach Drohan, who is now coaching the Freshman basketball team.

The dearth of catchers still worries Coach Davidson. Only five would-be maskmen reported with the battery candidates and none of these are experienced men.