Helen Beats Margaret as Popular Name for Juniors' Prom Guests--1926 Shows Marked Wellesley Leanings

Helen beats Margaret by a neck as the most popular girl at the Junior Prom on tomorrow evening. Tabulations of the 128 different girls names which the members of 1926 have chosen as befitting the greatest dance of the year, give Helen 22 votes to 21 for Margaret. Dorothy won third place in the poll where the Juniors unwittingly voted with 16 choices.

Only two points gave Boston a close victory over Wellesley as the place where girls grow best. The members of the class showed as great variety in their choice of location for their partners as they did in the choice of names. From Detroit to Miami, the girls will represent nearly every State in the East. Wellesley is by far the most favored girl's college. 1926 will bring 48 partners from its sheltering walls to Memorial Hall tomorrow night. Other mstitutions which will be represented at the From include Vassar, Smith, Bryn Mawr, Jackson, and Radcliffe.

Mary with 15, Elizabeth with 14. Eleanor and Frances with 11 each, together with a sprinkling of about 100 other names, which include every form of feminine appelation known to man, are included in the list of names chosen for the prom. John Harvard throws the apple of discord into the gathering of beanties, and again it is Helen who wins but this time the modern Helen of Boston.