OVER THE WORLD

The restless track of the explorer has gone on beyond the ranges and has sought the dim horizon until West has merged with East and the vast wildernesses of the world have been travelled and chartered to man's satisfaction. The driving, nervous days of discovery are over--almost, but not quite, for the old spirit of exploration will not die until the last map is fully marked and the last continent travelled.

Beyond the polar seas, beyond the flows of ice and snow, lies a blind spot on the map, a never-never land to the explorers of the past. Peary, Scott and Stefanson have gone on to a greater discovery and the land of the Northern mysteries is still left untouched to challenge such men as Amundson, McMillan, and Olgarssor to add the last chapter to the history of continental discovery.

They are to race for the honor of their nations and the finest prize that the world offers. But ahead lies all the danger of the North and the terror of living burial in an unmarked frozen grave. They go to seek a land of vision, a continent that no one has yet beheld, peopled possibly, with an unknown race and covered with a strange vegetation.

They may come back with tales of suffering and disappointment, or the bright hope of fresh discovery. They may not come back at all. All this lies ahead or them but no more, for when they have seen and returned, the reality of knowledge will close forever over this final aftermath of the age of exploration.