SIX CRIMSON TEAMS GO ON ROAD DURING WEEK OF VACATION

Baseball Team Leaves Sunday--Will Play Five Games--Georgetown and Columbia Nines Are Formidable

The week of spring vacation which opens tomorrow will be a busy one for the University in an athletic if not in an academic way. Representatives of six sports will travel abroad to seek early season honors on field, river, court, and diamond.

The University baseball team will he one of the first factions to set off when it takes the Everglades Limited for Washington tomorrow night. The Freshman nine will follow suit on Wednesday morning and make a four day journey into Connecticut. The first crew will soon depart for Princeton for a brief training, and two track meets at Concord and Philadelphia during the week will include Harvard entrants. The lacrosse team is to spend the time in New York state and the polo men will contest for glory on the field at Pinehurst. Although without the services of Captain Ingraham, the tennis team, also, will spend the week playing a seven game series.

The first contest for Coach Mahan's men will be with Catholic University in Washington on Tuesday. Although last year the University nine won a 13 to 9 victory, the Washington team's early season scores would indicate a closer contest in store. The next game will be with a Navy team at Annapolis which gave the University a 4 to 2 setback last year, and Thursday will find the team at College Park for a game with the University of Maryland. Maryland was not on the 1924 schedule and has no record to indicate its power this season.

The last games should afford the greatest opposition which the team will meet on the trip. Georgetown, which it will face on Friday, administered an 8 to 4 trouncing last year and already has victories over Yale and Boston College to its credit. The final game is with Columbia on Saturday, as it was last year when the New York nine shut out the University 5 to 0.

The Freshman nine under Coach Davidson will meet four preparatory schools between Wednesday and Saturday. Pomfret, Choate, Hotchkiss, and Loomis will be the teams to test the 1928 mettle.

On Monday Coach Farrell will enter a four man relay team in the anniversary meet at Concord. The race which was originally scheduled to go two miles has been changed on account of the lack of half milers in the B. A. A. squad. Although the four University contestants are not yet certain, they will be picked from Coach Farrell's list of prospects which includes Allen, Kobes, Haggerty, Malick, Rogers, and Broome.

The annual track journey to the Penn Relays at Franklin Field, Philadelphia will come on Thursday, April 23. Twelve men have been picked to make the trip, four of whom will run in the four mile relay and the rest will compete as individual entrants. Although Coach Farrell has not definitely decided on the personnel of his relay combination, it will probably consist of Watters, Tibbetts, Haggerty, and Chapin or Kobes.

The men who will compete in the field events are Burglund, Kilgour, and Burke who will throw the hammer, Captain Dunker and Potter, who will put the shot. Laimbeer, who will throw the discus, and Kane, who will run the 400-yard hurdles.

Crews Will Row at Princeton

The first two University crews will leave on Sunday night on a trip to Princeton which will last through the Easter vacation. Only members of Crews X and Y, accompanied by Coach Stevens, C. H. Weymer '27 as manager, and Edger Dennison as rigger, will make the trip. There will be no rowing for these crews today.

While in Princeton, the crewmen will make their headquarters at the Cottage Club and take their meals at the Princeton training table. Practice will be held twice daily, morning and afternoon, and it is understood that no races of any kind will be held with the Princeton crews. The men will return to Cambridge on Sunday.

Lacrosse Men Go To Syracuse

The University lacrosse squad will leave on Sunday night for a spring trip which will last through the Easter vacation. Sixteen men, accompanied by Coach Lydeker and Manager C. T. Crosby '25 will make the trip, following the game with the Alumni, which is to be played at 3 o'clock today.

At 1.05 today the University tennis team will leave on its Southern trip, to be gone for the entire recess. Captain W. W. Ingraham '25 will be unable to make the trip because of the pressure of divisional examinations, but will play at Providence and Columbia. The team, in the order in which its members play, follows: Alden Briggs '25, J. F. Whitbeck '27, Parke Cummings '25, G. H. Perkins '26, P. M. Lenhart '27, and L. H. Gordon '27.

The matches to be played on the trip are as follows: April 18, Agawam Hunt Club, at Providence; April 20, Country Club of Virginia, Richmond; April 21, Norfolk Country Club, Norfolk, Va.; April 23, Chevy Chase Club, Washington, D. C.; April 24, Baltimore Country Club, Baltimore; April 25, Columbia, New York City.

During the Easter vacation, the University polo team will meet at the Sand Hill Polo Club in Pinehurst, N. C. Games will be held daily with local polo teams and with other college teams which may be in Pinehurst