LECTURERS TO COME FROM ALL CORNERS OF GLOBE

ENGLISH PROFESSOR AUTHORITY IN MODERN LITERATURE

Three Professors have received appointments for the coming year to give courses at the University as visiting lecturers, it was announced last night. Oliver Elton, Professor of English literature, will come from the University of Liverpool; Charles, W. Hackett, associate Professor of Latin-American history, will come from the University of Texas; and Eric T. bell, Professor of mathematics, from the University of Washington.

Dr. Elton is to be visiting lecturer at the University in English in the modern field during the second half of the next academic year. A graduate of Corpus Christi College, Oxford, in 1884, he has been King Alfred Professor of English Literature in the University of Liverpool since 1900.

Studied in Mexican Archives

As visiting lecturer in Latin-American History and Economics for the coming year Dr. Charles W. Hackett will have charge of the courses regularly given by Professor Clarence H. Haring, who has been granted a year's leave of absence to carry on research is South America, Dr. Hackett has taught at Leland Stanford and the University of California, going to the University of Texas in 1918. During the summer of 1922 he was exchange professor at the National University of Mexico, and spent two summers of research in the national archives of that country.

Dr. Eric T. Bell, graduated from Leland Stanford University in 1904. As an assistant professor of mathematics he began teaching at the University of Washington in 1912, became Associate Professor, and in 1923 full Professor. This year, he was won the Bocher Memorial Prize of the American Mathematical Society.