CORNELL AND PENN GET READY FOR CREW RACES

TRIP TO HENLEY WILL REWARD PENN IF UNDEFEATED

Through the courtesy of the Cornell Sun and the Pennsylvanian, the following special articles have been dispatched to the Crimson. Each deals with the development of the University crews and other matters of interest in connection with rowing.

Philadelphia, April 27.--With the first race of the season only five days away, the Pennsylvania crews are practicing daily in preparation for their encounter with Columbia and Yale on the Schuylkill on May 2, and with Harvard, Cornell, and M. I. T. at Cambridge on May 9, Saturday, which is Straw Hat Day, will see not only the opening of the rowing season, but also the annual Straw Hat Day baseball game with Yale.

Yale's oarsmen will arrive here on Thursday and row from the University Barge Club, while Columbia will not appear until the next day. A rowing rally and luncheon have been planned by the Penn Athletic Club for Thursday, at which Coach Leader of Yale will be one of the principal guests.

Four Crews to Enter Regatta

Four crews will probably be entered, a light and a heavy varsity, a 150-pound, and a Freshman eight. The 150-pound boat is practically the same one which won honors last year at Poughkeepsie as the Freshman 150-pound eight, for only two changes have been made in the seating since then. Of the Freshman crews, the boat scotched by Borie will probably be selected to represent Pennsylvania. This is a heavy crew, all its members weighing over 170 pounds and reaching well over the six foct mark.