FIELD IS NAMED HEAD USHER FOR CLASS DAY

WHITNEY IS WINNER OF HYMN COMPETITION

Richard Hinckley Field '26, of Phillips, Me., was named yesterday by the Class Day Committee as head usher for Class Day from the Junior Class. At the same time, Nathaniel Saltonstall Howe '26, of New York City, was appointed head usher for the Senior Spread, and Ranlet Miner '25 of Rochester, N. Y., was made Tree Orator. Announcement was also made of the winners of the contests for the Baccalaureate Hymn and for the designs of the Yard. Stadium, and Memorial Hall tickets. The Hymn selected was written by Hugh Whitney '25, of Paris, France, and the winning ticket designs were submitted by Lefferts Malcolm Millard '26, of Forest Hills, L. I.

The duties of the Class Day head usher consist in supervising the arrangements for the exercises in Sanders Theatre, the Stadium, and the Yard. A number of assistant head ushers and the corps of Junior ushers will be appointed and announced in the near future by Field.

The Tree Orator delivers the address which is made annually to the Senior Class in the vicinity of Holden Chapel on Class Day. Only members of the Senior Class are permitted to attend.