LIGHTWEIGHT CREW GOES TO NEW HAVEN

Noble and Greenough Winner of First Four Race Yesterday--Browne and Nichols Lead Second Fours in Regatta

The University 150-pound crew leaves Boston at 1.05 o'clock today for New Haven where it will encounter the 150-pound crews of Yale and Princeton in the only annual triangular athletic meeting of the three colleges. The oarsmen, a coxswain, Coach Spuhn, manager F. McC, Eaton '27, and a rigger will make the trip.

Coach Spuhn To Leave Early

The coach, coxswain and rigger will leave at 9 o'clock this morning. Late this afternoon the University lightweight crew men will have a workout on the Thames, rowing over the course to accustom themselves to the conditions. Tomorrow morning they will have a final light workout before weighing in.

The crew will enter the triangular race with the following seating, unchanged from the M. I. T. race: Stroke, Dudley Merrill '26; 7, Richard Collins Jr. '26; 6, William Potter '26; 5, J. D. W. Morrill '26; 4, Hamilton Warren '26; 3, H. V. S. Ogden '27; 2, T. C. Sturtevant '27; Bow, Richard Jones '26; cox., R. J. Harper '25. The substitutes will be H. S. French '26 and H. E. Hedberg '27. The Crimson eight is a favorite for first honors in the lightweight race.

At New Haven tomorrow afternoon four races will be run off, of which the triangular 150-pound crew race is the third. The last race of the afternoon is between the Princeton, Cornell and Yale first University crews.

Noble and Greenough Four Winner

In the races for scholastic fours held yesterday afternoon. Noble and Greenough's first four defeated its nearest competitor, Cambridge Latin by more than two lengths, finishing the mile in 6 minutes. Brown and Nichols' second boat nosed out Noble and Greenough's second four by a quarter of a length, winning in 6 minutes and 20 seconds over the mile course.

In the race for school eights which will be held this afternoon at 4 o'clock last year's winning Kent School eight will defend its title. Huntington School, Brookline High School, and Lynn Classical School will send eights to oppose Kent.

The race scheduled for yesterday afternoon between the class crews has been postponed. On Monday a regatta open to all members of the University will begin with a singles race for novices. A blue book will be posted at Weid boathouse for entries from all men interested.

Coach Stevens continued his preparation for the race with Navy and Syracuse on the Severn a week from tomorrow. The Crimson squad will leave for Annapolis next Thursday.