Two new professorships and two changes in the faculty were announced by the University last night. Professor G. P. Baxter '96, teacher of chemistry in the University since 1897, has been named as the first incumbent of a new chair in chemical research. The professorship has just recently been created by T. W. Lamont '92, and Professor Baxter will be the first to hold it.
A second new chair in the same field has also been announced. It is to be called the Sheldon Emery Professorship or Organic Chemistry and Professor A. B. Lamb, director of the Chemical Laboratory, will he the first incumbent. Professor Lamb is a graduate of Tufts College and has secured his master's and doctor's degrees at Harvard in 1903 and 1904.
The Nelson Robinson Jr. Professorship of Architecture, which has been vacant since Professor H. L. Warren Hon. '02, held it between they year of 1903 and 1917, has been conferred on Professor Jean J. Haffner. Professor Haffner is an eminent French architect who is now at the University.
The final appointment announced last night is that of Dr. W. J. Crozler G. '14 to an associate professorship of General Physiology. Dr. Crozier was Resident Naturalist of the Bermuda Biological Station for Research from 1915 to 1919. He graduated from the College of the City of New York in 1912, receiving his A.M. and his Ph.D. from the University in 1914 and 1915 respectively. He will assume the duties of his new professorship in September when he will give graduate courses in physiology.