RHODES SCHOLAR WINS TWO BOWDOIN PRIZES

W. F. SMITH WINS BOWDOIN PRIZE FOR GRADUATES

In the list of University prize winners announced Saturday, Mason Hammond '25 of Nahant, who won a Rhodes scholarship earlier this year, was named the winner of two Bowdoin prizes for his translations into Attic Greek and into Latin. Walter Thomas Pattison '25 of Wilmette, Ill., was awarded the Susan Anthony Potter Prize in Spanish Literature for his essay dealing with the Spanish writing of the Golden Age. A Frederick Sheldon Fellowship in Anthropology was awarded to Carleton Stevens Coon of Wakefield.

Smith Wins Graduate Prize

David A. Wells prizes in Economics were awarded to J. W. Angell '18 of New Haven, Conn., and R. G. Albion A. M. '20 of Portland, Me. The Bowdoin prize for graduates was awarded to W. F. Smith '11 of Lexington, Mo.

Five Dexier scholarships, established to encourage young men to study English, and to enable them to visit Oxford, Cambridge and the cathedral towns of England, were awarded to the following students in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences: Theodore Merryman Hatfield of Evanston, Ill., Edward Buell Hungerford A. M. '22 of New Britain, Conn., Robert Gale Noyes A. M. '23 of Norwich, Con., John Webster Spargo of Kirkwood, Mo., Arthur Sprague '19 of York Village, Me.