HARVARD, COLUMBIA AND PENN MEET ON PLATFORM

HARVARD NOW TIED FOR THIRD PLACE IN LEAGUE

The fourth intercollegiate debate will be held tonight by Harvard, Pennsylvania, and Columbia on the subject, "Resolved, That capital punishment be abolished in the United States." The University affirmative team will debate with Pennsylvania in the Paine Concert Hall of the Music Building at 8.15, and the negative team will meet Columbia in New York at the same time.

The University affirmative team will consist of E. J. Metzdorf '26, F. J. Otis '27, I. J. Fain '27, and S. B. McGovran '28. The Pennsylvania negative team will comprise Harold Bean, Daniel Debrier, and William McCahan.

The University negative team is composed of Barrett Williams '28, D. R. K. Barnes '27, D. W. Chapman '27, and M. N. Drake '28 alternate. These men left for New York by boat on April 30.

Walker To Preside

The judges for the debate in Cambridge are Professor James Arthur Muller, of Princeton, Dr. Henry Lawrence Southworth, President of the Emerson College of Oratory, and Professor David D. Vaughan, of the Boston University Theological School. Philip Walker former President of the debating council, will preside as chairman.

The University is now tied for third place in the debating league with Amherst, Dartmouth, Williams, and Yale. Wesleyan leads with 83 and two-thirds per cent, and Columbia stands second with 66 and two-thirds. Next come Harvard and the other colleges with which it is tied with 50 per cent and Brown with 33 and one-third per cent. Penn foots the list with 0 per cent.