FRESHMAN NINE TO MEET ST. JOHN'S TEAM TODAY

Coach Davidson Changes Line-Up for Last Contest Before Yale Game--Visitors Have Good Record

The 1928 baseball team will try to get back into its habit of winning games this afternoon when it meets the St. John's Academy nine on Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock. Today's game and that with Andover on Saturday are the only ones slated for the Freshmen before the annual contest with Yale and Coach Davidson is expecting a good showing this afternoon.

Coach Davidson has made several changes in his line-up from that which succumbed to the Brown Freshmen on Friday. Nordberg has been moved from his position at second base to replace Adams in left field while Chase will probably take Nordberg's place at second. Linscott will play third and Barbee will do the honors on the mound. By these shifts the coach expects to gain a faster fielding outfit than that which has made such a notable number of errors in the recent games.

The St. John's team has a good season record although it was trounced earlier in the year by the Crimson seconds with a 12 to 5 score. In this game, however, it showed an aptitude for hitting and got 12 safeties to 11 for the Seconds. This power at bat may prove dangerous to the Freshman pitcher especially unless the nine can tighten up in its fielding department.