LACROSSE MEN FAVORED TO DEFEAT YALE TODAY

SAME LINE-UP TO START WHICH HAS OPENED EVERY GAME

The University lacrosse team meets Yale at New Haven today in the final and most important game of the season. The University twelve, under Coach Lydecker's tutelage, has succeeded in rising out of the rut of defeat and has been victorious in five of its six scheduled games this season. Among the teams which the Crimson has defeated are Colgate, Union, Princeton and the New York Lacrosse Club, all strong combinations. A powerful Syracuse team won from the University only after a very hard fought battle.

Crimson Record Superior to Yale's

While the Elis have been victorious only twice in seven games, their apparently bad record, while favorable to the University, must not be regarded as pointing to a swift and certain Crimson victory today, for the Yale schedule has been much harder than that of the University team, for it included games with Annapolis, Maryland and Hobart. Yale scored twice on Syracuse, but was defeated 4 to 2, while the University in its contest with the New York team came out on the short end of a 3 to 1 score.

Comparative scores against Princeton would seem to give the odds to the University. Yale tied the Orange and Black team 4 to 4, neither twelve being able to break the tie after two strenuous overtime periods, while the Crimson won a hard fought overtime game with the Tigers by a 2 to 1 score. But both the teams which meet today have shown a great amount of fight and spirit and in spite of the way the odds seem to lean, the result should be in doubt until the end of the game.

Morrison and Gillies Expected to Star

Coach Lydecker intends to use the same line-up he has used in all the games this spring. The Crimson team plays a very tight game and has been handling the ball well in practice. The defense, built about Captain Reed, has exhibited good team work, and, while the attack has not demonstrated as great ability to work together, Morrison and Gillies are expected to score heavily for the University.

While the University team invades New Haven, the Freshmen will play their first and last game of the season today when they meet Yale's 1928 team on Soldiers Field. Yale has a great advantage in having gone through a stiff schedule of games, but the Crimson Freshmen have played so well against the University twelve in practice that they are expected to give the Elis a hard battle.