SAVE NASSAU!

Youth is naturally rebellious. This hypothesis, though admittedly revolutionary, can be demonstrated by facts. Last fall the Freshman Discussion Club of Harvard broke out in open revolt against the big-brotherly, grand-motherly attitude with which they felt they were regarded by upperclassmen. Their young blood called for action and they said there was nothing they so much wanted as a good hazing.

It appears they are having the same sort of trouble with their Freshmen at Princeton but it manifests itself in just the opposite way. The Princeton Freshmen won't wear their green caps, they walk on the grass, and refuse to change clothes more than three times a day--and they flaunt their insubordination in the faces of the Sophomores. It is easy to see that the situation has become unbearable, for the Chairman of the Sophomore Vigilance Committee in a letter to the Princetonian complains of Princeton indifference on this all-important question. In spite of the fact that "the 1924 Senior Council, amid its stormy regime, took a definite stand in favor of Freshman customs", and in spite of the fact that "the concensus of undergraduate opinion was in favor of even stricter Freshman customs", laxity of enforcement has engendered such indifference that Princeton spirit is in great danger of being undermined and lost for ever and ever.

This is all very disconcerting and "rite trewe" men cannot but view with alarm this tendency to revolt on the part of the younger generation. Why would it not be a excellent thing for both Harvard and Princeton to trade Freshmen for a while for the good of their souls." No, that wouldn't do, for when it came time to trade back the Princeton freshmen wounldn't go home.