SINGERS GATHER AT UNION NEXT MONDAY EVENING

IF A SUCCESS MEETINGS WILL BE CONTINUED

The Union announced yesterday that it had completed arrangements for the first University group singing meeting. Monday, May 13, is the date set for the gathering, which is the result of the Union's action on a CRIMSON editorial suggestion. The meeting will be held in the Living Room at 7.30 o'clock and all members of the University who have an interest in singing may attend.

Dr. Davision, well-known conductor of the Glee Club who so enthusiastically supported the movement in a recent interview, will conduct the singers. It is expected that numbers of men who have had glee club singing work either under Dr. Davision or elsewhere will be present and help carry the tunes till everyone can sing them well.

The Union is preparing a program of songs which will be sung at the gathering and will publish the entire program Monday morning. It is also endeavoring to secure the services of some band to provide an accompaniment, but in any case a competent planist will assist the conductor.

Due to the shortness of time before the final examinations it is doubtful whether it will be possible to hold another meeting this year, but if enough interest is shown at next Monday's meeting the work will be continued in some form next fall in an effort to increase the familiarity of the students with Harvard songs.

Dr. Davision believes that while the songs of the University are equal to those of any University in the country Harvard students get so little practice in singing them that much of their beauty is unrecognized. He feels that this meeting and the others like it will be of great value in increasing the average undergraduate's appreciation of his University's songs.