POLOISTS FACE DEDHAM FOR COPLEY-PLAZA CUP

CRIMSON TEAM TO BE FETED AT DINNER AFTER DEDHAM GAME

With the Intercollegiate Polo Tournament less than two weeks in the offing, the Crimson poloists are practicing every day at the Dedham Country club, and on Thursday will face their most serious test before the tournament. They will meet the first Dedham team on the field of W. Cameron Forbes '92, in the final match for the Copley Plaza trophy. The winning team will be awarded the cup, with individual trophies being given to the individuals on the winning outfit. The game is scheduled to start at 4.15, and in the evening, a dinner is to be given in Boston in honor of the Crimson four.

The regular line-up of the Crimson team will face Dedham on Thursday, F. D. Stranahan '26 will be at Number 1, Alexander Shaw '28 at Number 2, W. H. White '28 at Number 3, and Captain R. A. Pinkerton '27 will be at back. This same team is the one which will probably start the intercollegiate tournament on June 13.

In its first match of the Intercollegiate Tournament, the University is scheduled to oppose Princeton, the defending title-holders. The Nassau four is not reputed to be as strong as that which won the national title from Arizona last year, but it has entered one of the strongest teams in the tournament. The winner of this first-round match will face the winner of that between West Point and V. M. I. In the other half of the draw, the championship may be decided in the first round. Pennsylvania Military Academy and Yale, favored as the two most powerful outfits in the tourney, will meet at the same time as the Crimson-Tiger contest, and the winner is more than likely to take the title. The University while not expected by the dopesters to triumph, is conceded a chance as a dark-horse, and if it gets by the first round, it will have an excellent chance to figure prominently in the championship.