HALF MILE AT 40 IS DAY'S FEATURE

J. P. Morgan Takes Entire Red Top Camp for Day's Cruise on Sunday on His Yacht Corsair

Red Top, Conn., June 4.--Although the thermometer again registered 98 degrees here today, all four University crews were given six mile workouts in both the morning and the afternoon. The oarsmen are rapidly rounding into the perfect condition which results from regular living and exercise, and Dr. Harding anticipates no ill effects from such a strenuous program even in weather as warm as it was today.

In an attempt to see how well his eights could hold a high stroke, Coach Stevens raced his First and Second crews over a half mile distance this afternoon, each boat holding the stroke up to a 40 beat throughout. Captain Kelley's boat defeated the Junior eight by a half length, and at the conclusion of the row, Coach Stevens expressed his satisfaction with the manner in which the First crew had rowed. The prospective time trial scheduled for today was again postponed, and it is not likely the crews will be sent over the course in a time test while such warm weather prevails.

Waiters Eight Formed

The 1925 Waiters eight, a feature of the Red Top training scissions for a number of years was formed today, and bids fair to be the best combination to represent the Crimson against the similar Eli organization for some time. Coach Hoover, who rowed in the University crew against Yale last year is stroking this year's Waiters eight, with Coach Spuhn at seat seven, Coach Haines at six, and Coach Stevens at number five. Dr. Harding, crew physician, is at seat three, with Head Waiter Jones rowing bow.

Last year a Crimson waiters eight defeated the Eli bus boys by nearly ten lengths in a quarter mile race. This overwhelming defeat was inflicted on the Blue shell in spite of a flagrant violation in crew etiquette on the part of the Yale coxswain, who in addition to steering his boat its somewhat zigzag course down the Thames, assisted the progress of his shell by using a canoe paddle. It is reported that both camps intend to take the Waiters race seriously this year,

Morgan Entertains Crew

The entire camp has been invited aboard the yacht Corsair as the guests of J. P. Morgan '89 for an all day cruise this Sunday. This trip has been an annual event since the war, and has proved one of the most enjoyable features of the three-week stay at Red Top. The Yale camp will be the guests of H. P. Whitney on the yacht Whilaway this Sunday.

One Red Top record will be broken tomorrow when 6 men will take examinations. According to records here, this is the largest number in the history of the camp.

The Waiters eight, as it was organized today, rowed as follows:

Stroke, Hoover; 7, Spuhn; 6, Haines; 5, Stevens; 4, Fox; 3, Harding; 2, Biddle; bow. Jones; cox., Nichols. The substitutes, not likely to see service, are Managers Blanchard, Ladd, and Weymer.