UPPERCLASSMEN TO WECOME FRESHMEN AT P. B. H. TONIGHT

Professors Moore and Yoemans Among Speakers--Nichols, Cooke, Edmonds, Represent College Publications

Following a five-day series of receptions organized for the Freshman class by the Dean's Office, the undergraduates will give their first welcome to the incoming students this evening at 7.30 o'clock at the Phillips Brooks House. This reception is usually held on a Wednesday, but this year because of the fact that the University will not hold a formal reception for 1929 tonight, the Phillips Brooks House has shifted the date of their welcome a day ahead.

The reception, which will be of a decidedly informal nature, will be featured by talks by several prominent undergraduates and Professor E. C. Moore Chairman of the Board of Preachers, and Professor H. A. Yeomans of the Government Department. The talks, which will be given in Peabody Hall of the Phillips Brooks House, will be followed by refreshments served downstairs. There will also be selections by a group of men from the Glee Club.

Gridiron Leader to Preside

Captain Cheek of the football team and President of the Phillips Brooks House Association will preside. He will talk on football prospects and the general aim and purpose of the Phillips Brooks House Association. Other undergraduate speakers will be W. I. Nichols '26, A. G. Cooke '26, and W. D. Edmonds '26, representing the CRIMSON, Lampoon, and Advocate respectively. The general nature of the various competitions for these papers will be explained by the chief editors.