1929 QUINTET SCORES EASY WIN OVER TILTON

Thackaberry Stars as Freshmen Trounce Seminary in Season's Opener by 11 Point Margin

The Freshman basketball five opened its season successfully last saturday when it triumphed over Tilton Seminary by a score of 35-24 in the Freshman Gymnasium. The margin of 11 points is four more than the seven point win of last year's Freshmen over Tilton.

Burns and Thackaberry turned in the best performances for the 1029 quintet, while Butler, at the pivot position for Tilton, was the star of his team.

The Freshmen started off with a rush, scoring 11 points before Tilton had been able to get the ball into scoring position. They were never headed throughout the conflict, keeping at least six points ahead of the opposition at all stages of the game. The first half ended with the score 19-9.

The team came out of the game with-out serious mishap, and will start today to prepare for the second game with Worcester Academy, to be held at Worcester on Saturday.

The summary:

Score, Harvard 1929, 35; Tilton, 24, Goals from floor, Thacksberry 5, Burns 4, Robinson 3, Butler 3, Simpson 2, Nelson 2, O'Connell, Sanda, Kruse. Goals from foul, Bailey 3, Butler 2, Helmander 2, Burns 2, Thackaberry 2, O'Connell. Robinson, Sands, Kruse. Referee, keileher. Timekeeper, Boal. Time of quarters, 10 minutes. HARVARD, 1929  TILTON Bailey, O'Connell, Filoon, r.f.  l.g., Nelson Burns, l.f.  r.g., Rolmander Thackaberry, e.  e., Butler Robinson, r.g.  l.f., Kruise, Simpson Jaffee, l.g.  r.f., Sands