WEBEL WINS TOPLARIAN CLUB TROPHY FOR NEW PARK DESIGN

Honorable Mention Given to Campbell and Fulkerson in Competition

The fifteenth Annual Competition for the Topiarian Club Trophy Cup has been won by Richard Karl Webel '23, now a third-year student in the Graduate School of Landscape Architecture, it was announced last night. Honorable mention has been awarded to Carol Fulkerson 3G., and to H. B. Campbell 1G.

The judges were Mr. Carl Rust Parker, F.A.S.L.A., of the Olmstead Office, for many years member of the Examining Board of the American Society of Landscape Architects, and Mr. Guy Hunter Lee '16, M.L.A. '21, former leader of the Harvard Reconstruction Unit in France, Professor J. S. Pray '95, Charles Eliot Professor of Landscape Architecture, Professor H. V. Hubbard '97. Professor of Landscape Architecture, and Mr. B. W. Pond '11, Secretary of the American Society of Landscape Architects, President of its Boston Chapter, and also a member of the staff of the Graduate School of Landscape Architecture.

The Topiarian Club Cup was given by an anonymous donor in 1911 to be awarded annually to the student in the Graduate School of Landscape Architecture who, in the opinion of the Examining Board, submits the best drawing on an announced problem in Landscape Architecture. This year the competition was open for only four days and the problem was a new design of the Boston Public Garden. It was assumed that the Park Commissioners of the City of Boston were inviting competition for a new design among leading landscape architects of the country.