Strong Williams Sextet Invades Arena Tomorrow to Battle University Skaters--Purple Has Conquered Yale and B. U.

With the Williams sextet looming as the strongest contender for inter-collegiate hockey honors this season by virtue of its record of victories to date, the Crimson skaters will face one of the most difficult tests in their schedule when they meet the Purple puck men on the Arena ice tomorrow night. The surprise defeat of Yale by the Tigers in New York last Saturday night leaves the University team the only member of the "Big Three" which has not suffered a loss at the hands of one of its rivals.

The, Crimson six following its recent showing in holding the strong Toronto team to a low score, and in taking the measure of the Nassau skaters, has assumed the proportions of the "dark horse" in eastern college hockey. Tomorrow night's contest will do much to clarify the situation and will definitely ascertain the power of the University stick men.

During the Christmas holidays the Williams ice team captured two games, tied one, and lost one in a four game series with the Blue at Lake Placid. Following four consecutive days of play the Purple team swamped the Apawamis Club in New York by a 7 to 0 count, and the next night dropped a close decision to the Queen's College six by a 4 to 3 score. This Canadian team later defeated the Princetonians 4 to 3 and have been ranked nearly on a par with the Varsity skaters who won every game on their Boston invasion.

Last Friday night, led by their brilliant leader, Watkins, who plays a strong roving center, and Popham, flashy right wing, the Williams rink team downed Boston University three goals to two. The Boston squad had previously won from the Crimson sextet in an early season game. The winners used two forward lines intact with little to choose between them in effectiveness. The first string combination of Captain Watkins, center, and Popham and Smith, wings, is a fast scoring threat with plenty of weight. Mason, Austin, and Banks make up the second attack group, and on the defense Howe and Baker have been given the first call. In front of the cage, the Purple have a hard man to pass in Hutchins.

Crimson Enters Crucial Period

Ten days after the Williams game the Crimson puck chasers will meet the fast coming Tiger six for the second time, the game being scheduled for the Boston Arena on January 30. The following Wednesday, February 3, the University skaters will clash with the Hamilton six from Canada.

The Crimson skaters will have a ten day rest after their game with the Northerners before facing the Elis for the first time this season in the Arena on February 13. The Dartmouth contest will come on February 20, and a week following the team will clash with the Blue in the second game to be played in the Madison Square Garden.