PROFESSOR KRUGER WILL GIVE INGERSOIL LECTURE

AUTHOR OF SEVERAL WORKS ON ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY

The annual Ingersoll Lecture on the Immortality of Man will be delivered this year by Professor Gustav Kruger, Rector of the University of Giessen, in Emerson Hall at 8 o'clock, on the night of March 17. Professor Kruger has chosen for his subject "The Immortality of the Soul according to the View of Man of the 'Enlightenment', especially in Germany". The lecture will be open to the public and no admission will be charged.

Rector of Giessen University

Professor Kruger, who is to give two King's Chapel lectures on March 15 and 22, has been Professor of Church History at the University of Giessen since 1891, and was Rector of that institution in 1902-3, as well as last year. He received his degree of Doctor of Philosophy at the University of Jena, and later was awarded the degree of Doctor of Theology at the University of Marburg

Dr. Kruger has written a number of books dealing largely with subjects of ecclesiastical history. Among them are "A History of Christian Literature in the First Three Centuries", published in 1895; "A Manual of Church History", in 1909; and a "History of Latin Christian Literature from Augustine to Gregory I", in 1920.

The Ingersoll lecture is delivered annually by some prominent theologian. The subject of immortality is fixed, but each speaker chooses a different phase or angle of the topic.