HISTORIAN APPOINTED TO WRITE FOR ANNIVERSARY

PARKER MADE LIBRARY CURATOR AS KENNEDY RESIGNS

The University yesterday took its first step toward the preparation for the tricentennial celebration of its foundation, to be held ten years hence, when it announced the appointment of Professor Samuel Eliot Morison '08 as historian for the occasion.

Professor Morison has been a member of the History Department of the University since 1915. During the World War he served as an infantry private in the United States Army. From 1922 until 1925 he was Harold Vyvvan Harmsworth Professor of American History at the University of Oxford.

Professor Morison has been a close student of both American and European politics and history. He was attached to the Russian division of the American Peace Commission at Paris in 1919, and was later the American delegate on that commission. He is the author of several well-known historical and biographical works on the Balkans, Massachusetts, and the American Revolution. Among these are, "The Life of Harrison Gray Otis," "History of the Constitution of Massachusetts". "The Eastern Baltie in New Europe", "Maritime History of Massachusetts", "Prologue to American History," and "Sources and Documents on the American Revolution."

His close study of the history, particularly the early history, of the colony and state of Massachusetts, have given him an intimate knowledge of the history of Harvard since its foundation by the early pioneers in the midst of a wilderness, through the stormy days of the Revolution, and down through the nineteenth century, when Harvard was transformed from a little New England college into a University of international proportions.

At the same time the University authorities announced the appointment of Franklin Eddy Parker Jr. '18, as honorary curator of eighteenth century English literature in the college library, and the "esignation of William Dorsey Kennedy, Assistant Dean of the Business School since 1914.

Mr. Parker is Permanent Secretary of the Class of 1918. Since receiving his degree from the Law School in 1922, Mr. Parker has practiced law in New York City.

Assistant Dean Kennedy graduated from Williams College in 1917 and from the Graduate School of Business Administration in 1920. For four years he continued his studies and then became Assistant Dean of the Business School and Instructor in Business reports. His resignation will take effect January 15.