THREE SOCCER TEAMS WIN, TIE, AND LOSE

Vogel Brilliant in 2 to 1 Victory Over Academians--Second Team Bows to Craft of Clan Lindsay

Last Saturday the University Soccer team played a tie game with Springfield College, 2 to 2, and the Seconds and Freshmen kept the balance even with one victory and one defeat. The Freshman team won decisively from Tabor Academy, although the score was only 2 to 1 while the Second University eleven played a hard losing game against Clan Lindsay which ended with the score 4 to 2.

Driggs Draws First Blood

The University tie was not played off inasmuch as the coaches had agreed before the game that it should not last longer than the four periods. Early in the second period L. L. Driggs '28 made the first score of the game by kicking a goal from corner which the Springfield goal keeper touched but was unable to stop. A moment later, A. F. Parrott '28 accidentally kicked the ball into his own goal, thus evening the score.

In the third quarter the Springfield center forward scored when he succeeded in extracting the ball from the center of a group that was scrimmaging before the Harvard goal. The last point of the game was made at the end of the same period, when Captain W. R. Gherardi '27 outmaneuvered the Springfield goal keeper after receiving a long pass from N. R. Danielian '28.

Seconds Bow to Experience

Captain Beals' Seconds staged a fast attack against the Clan Lindsay aggregation, but the visitors' greater experience gave them a different advantage over the Seconds, many of whom are playing soccer for the first time, this fall.

Vogel Dominates 1930 Game

Captain W. D. Vogel '30 was the most prominent player on the field in the 1930 Tabor tilt. His team was obviously superior to visitors from the beginning, and it was only the inability to shoot goals accurately that kept the Freshmen from amassing a much larger score.

The summaries for the three games follow:

HARVARD  SPRINGFIELDThomas, g.  g., MurrayCrooks, r.f.b.  r.f.b., WhiteMcKinnon, l.f.b.  l.f.b., GilliamParrott r.h.b.  r.h.b., Etter, BookerKerness, c.h.b.  c.h.b., SmithCarr, l.h.b.  l.h.b., HirzlerHaskell, Sient, o.r.f.  o.r.f., Marek, AlphonseDanielian, i.r.f.  i.r.f. RudertGherardi, c.f.  c.f., NestleTrevett, i.l.f.  i.l.f., BrawnDriggs, o.l.f.  o.l.f., Wei