COOP MEMBERS TO SLICE $70,000 DIVIDEND MELON

EIGHT THOUSAND SHARE PROFITS OF BANNER YEAR

Members of the Harvard Cooperative Society will be able to collect their dividends today and the rest of the week. The dividends this year will amount to $70,000, an increase of $18,000 over last year's amount, according to Mr. G. E. Cole '04, Superintendent.

Eight thousand members will share in receiving the dividend money, the majority of them Harvard and Radcliffe undergraduates. Men now now in attendance at the University who have dividends coming to them should mall their present addresses to the Society. Six hundred graduate members have already done this.

The largest individual dividend amounts to $87 and will be received by a University student. The sum indicates purchases totalling about $1000 since most of the buying was done on a charge account. The smallest dividend is $.20, although there are several others that run well below one dollar.

"There are two types of buyers that have always been a puzzle to me," said Mr. Cole yesterday. "One of them is the man who pays a dollar for a membership card and then buys about three or four dollars worth of merchandise all year, losing 60 cents on his investment. These men take out their membership cards religiously season after season.

"Then there is the other mysterious buyer who spends three or four hundred dollars annually in the "Coop" yet shuns investing enough to buy a membership. There are just as many men of one type as of the other."