PERKINS CHOSEN TO HEAD ALUMNI BODY

Mallinckrodt and Wells Selected as Vice-Presidents -- Saltonstall Is Re-elected Treasurer

Thomas Nelson Perkins '91 has been chosen to succeed Thomas William Lamont '92 as president of the Harvard Alumni Association. At the election, which took place at the annual October meeting of the directors this week, two vice presidents were selected, Edward Mallinckrodt Jr. '00, and E. H. Wells '97.

As an undergraduate Perkins was captain of a victorious crew, and subsequently a member of the athletic committee. He graduated from the Law School in 1897, and has since been associated with the Boston law firm of Ropes, Gray, Boy-den, and Perkins. Since the founding of the Harvard Endowment Fund, Perkins has been a member of both the National executive committee and chairman of the greater Boston Committee.

Was Youngest Member

In 1905, only 14 years after his graduation, Perkins became a member of the Corporation, when he filled the vacancy created by the death of Samuel Hoar '67. He was at that time the youngest Fellow of Harvard College ever elected. Perkins served in this capacity until 1924, when he resigned in order that he might be a member of the Reparations Commission in Europe.

The newly elected vice-presidents succeed C. S. Pierce '95, and Malcolm Donald '99, both of Boston, who were elected at the 1925 October meeting of directors. Heretofore they have both been closely identified with the Alumni Association, Mallinckrodt as a director, and Wells as secretary, several years ago. The former is president of the Mallinckrodt Chemical Company, St. Louis, while the latter is a prominent New York book collector, associated with the firm of Edgar H. Wells and Company.

At the directors' meeting, Leverett Saltonstall '14 of Boston was reelected treasurer of the association, and J. W. D. Seymour '17 of Cambridge, Secretary of Alumni Affairs and Director of Publicity of the University, was chosen to fill the office of secretary for another year.

Nominations Made Last June

Ralph Lowell '12 of Boston was elected chairman of the standing committee. Three new members of the committee were named at this time, H. S. Dennison '99, of Framingham, E. P. Davis '99, of St. Paul, Minnesota, and Waddill Catchings '01, of New York City. It is the duty of this committee to nominate Overseers of the college, Directors of the Alumni Association, and members of the Harvard Fund Council.

The newly-elected chairman of the committee, who is a member of the banking firm of Lee, Higginson and Company of Boston, succeeds H. L. Shattuck '01. The new members of the committee were chosen from nine candidates whose nomination was announced last June. The list includes:

Russell Tyson '90, of Chicago

Lincoln Davis '94, M.D.'98, of Boston

Henry S. Dennison '99, of Framingham

Waddill Catchings '01, LL.B '04, of New York City

Roger L. Lee '02, M.D.'06, of Brookline

Harold S. Vanderbilt '07, of New York City

Francis A. Harding '09, of Chestnut Hill

John Elliot '12, of New York City

William J. Bingham '16, of Wellesley Farms