JUNIOR CLASS ELEVEN TACKS DEFEAT ON 1927

Opening of Class Season Finds 1928 Victor, 22-0--Barbee and Heard Occupy Lime-Light

The opening of the class football season on Solider's Field yesterday saw a powerful Junior eleven crush a game but outclassed Senior team by a score of 22 to 0. Shortly after the opening kick-off. Heard, 1928 quarterback, ran back a punt 30 yards to, the Senior 20-yard mark, and half a dozen slashes through the line took the ball across the line, Barbee tallying on the last plunge. In the second and fourth quarters, sustained offenses yielded two touchdowns, and another drive bore fruit in the form of a field goal from the 20-yard streak.

Throughout the play, the hard, fast drives of the 1928 backs proved too much for the Senior defense. The 1927 line was weak, and generally the task of bringing down the runner was left to the backfield. J. N. Barbee '28, and Hamilton lieard '28 of the Juniors starred with magnificent running, time and again tearing off gains of from four to eight yards.

The summary: JUNIORS  SENIORS Dearborn, Lewis l.e.  r.e. Kelly Clapp, Herman l.t.  r.t. Graves. Delavelle Fox l.g.  r.g. Cook, Moody Turney e.  c. Byshe Cushing. Foster. Hodges r.g.  l.g. Moody, Cook Mulford. r.t.  l.t. Ennis Allen. Lone r.e.  l.e. Morton. Sears Beard. q.b.  q.b. Pruyn Barbee l.h.b.  r.h.b. F. Eaton Sack. Sawyer. Lane r.h.b.  l.h.b. Norton Taft. Farnsworth f.b.  f.b. S. Eaton