LATEST ARENA MOVE WILL ENABLE ELIS TO PLAY FULL ICE SCHEDULE THIS YEAR

Resnik and Podoloff, Owners, Promise Completion--H. A. A. Now Expects Usual H-Y Series

New Haven, October 15, 1926--The dilemma in which the Yale hockey management has found itself for the past few months was ended today by the formulation of a definite agreement between Yale authorities and Resnik and Podoloff, promoters, under the terms of which operations on the new hockey arena will start at once. The construction will continue under Sullivan and McKeon and will be completed by January 1.

Months ago the arena was begun, but business disagreements tied up operations from time to time, so that progress was sporadic, and the Yale team abandoned plans for a hockey season and cancelled all scheduled games. When Resnik and Podoloff interested themselves in the matter about a week ago, hope of an ice season revived and with the definite agreement which was reached today hockey is assured here this winter. It is understood that the Athletic Association is making negotiations with the teams on the original schedule to play all the games originally listed.

Under the present agreement with the new owners, the University will use the arena for hockey games and for practice throughout the winter of 1927. This is a tentative arrangement as it now stands and will soon be made permanent by joint action of the Athletic Association and the new owners, Resnik and Podoloff.

In regard to the probability of playing Yale in hockey this winter, the H. A. A. officials would make no statement yesterday. It is understood, however, that relations will be resumed with her Elis, for so far as is known no other games have been chosen to supplant the Yale series which was dropped perforce when the Blue abandoned all thought of a hockey season this year.