A QUEEN FIT TO PRINT

Marie of Roumania and Ji amie Walker in a new high hat with peaks on his lapels like unto those of Darien, Marie of Roumania and the President of the United States with a smile like unto that featured the day he caught a minnow in the Adirondacks, Marie of Roumania and Fifth Avenue, Marie of Roumania and Gopher Prairie, Marie of Roumania and the Grand Canon, Marie and the Pacific, Marie! Thus does the American press take to its heart the beloved of the Balkins and worry those who, with absurd faith in the direct desire of all Americans at all times for democracy, see in this primativism an accute absense of decorum.

Now in the broadest sense Marie of Roumania is a romancist. She is off center (How many miles is it to Bucharest?), she is fickle, and she is expressive of her own views, virtues, and vertigoes. Jean J. Rousseau would adore her as he left for the zoo; Gauter would sing of her as he polished his waistcoat buttons; Plato would not believe she existed; and Aristotle would give up his chair of comparative literature. Horace might add that in the consulship of Marcellus women did'nt make quite such a disturbance. Yes, this lady from the Balkans is romantic to the core. And so is the Fourth Estate.

Without romanticism the Fourth Estate would never exist. For, though the secret should never, never be told. The Fourth Estate latters little upon news and much high noise. And Marie, in a queenly and Roumanian out of England by Germany way, Marie is noisy. Also she has a sense for just what is it to print. When a certain king of France saw his kingdom toppling, he called in the Third Estate. Marie never thought of toppling. She called in the Fourth Estate before there was a quaver. And the Fourth Estate has been true blue. Never once in the long years from 1893 to 1926 have they wavered in their support. So it's Marie of Roumania and Jimmie Welker in a new high hat, etc...Ferndiand's lady and Judy O'Grady are sisters under the cosmetics. Vanitas vanitorum and Marie!