STUDENT COUNCIL DECIDES TO DROP 1926-27 REGISTER

Council Votes to Cooperate With New Undergraduate Group -- Cassatt Is Named Secretary

At the first official meeting of the Student Council to be held this year, it was decided last night to suspend the publication of the University Register for this year.

The reason for this step lay in the large deficit that confronted the Student Council after the publication of last year's Register. It was felt, therefore, that the demand did not warrant the risk of similar deficit this year. New measures may be adopted in the future, but the publication will be suspended for this year.

The Student Council further voted to refer all pertinent athletic affairs to the recently appointed Undergraduate Athletic Council. The Student Council will take no action in matters of athletic significance without the advice of the Undergraduate Athletic Council.

Field to Indite Epistle

It was voted that F. V. Field '27, should be delegated to write a letter to the students of the University of Buenos Aires, in answer to the communication recently received from them to the students of the University. This answering epistle is to be sent by Professor Coriolano Alberini, head of the Faculty of Philosophy at the University of Buenos Aires, who attended the Philosophical Congress held here this fall.

Alexander Cassatt '27, of Philadelphia, was elected. Secretary to replace H. G. Woodbridge '27, who has resigned.