TO INITIATE CLASS SQUASH THIS YEAR

University Season Opens Tomorrow--Captain Rawlins and Lenhart Only Lettermen Back

Class squash teams will be selected this year and will compete for an interclass title, it was announced yesterday by Manager L. H. Gordon '27. This is the first time since squash has been a University sport that interclass competition for all four years has been contemplated. M. A. Cheek Jr. '26 who is at present, handling class football will be placed in charge of inter-class squash.

The University squash racquets season will be officially launched tomorrow with a meeting for all candidates at the Squash Courts at 5 o'clock. Harry Cowles, coach of the Harvard Squash and tennis teams and Captain H. N. Rawlins '27 will give sharp talks to the assembled players on the benefits of the indoor game.

This year there are only two veterans back. Captain Rawlins and P. M. Lenhart '27 whereon to build a team to succeed last season's national champions. Eight positions on Team A and Team B will be filled by new men. Harvard has won two National Squash championships and three state titles in the last three years. To uphold this record will be the objective of Captain Rawlins' team.

To Play in Massachusetts League

The University team will compete in the Massachusetts Squash Racquets Association as in former years although the toursling of squash teams at Williams and M. I. T. indicate that a college league may be formed in the immediate future.

Bluebooks are already posted for squash candidates at the Squash Courts and at the Tennis and Squash Shop. The competition for second assistant manager still start with a meeting Friday at 4.30 o'clock at the Squash Courts.