Medical Department Takes Pictures of Freshmen Chests for First Time--Silhouettes Show Drooping Shoulders

An innovation of the Medical Department this year has resulted in taking X-ray photographs of the entire Freshman class along with silhouettes of each individual for the purpose of correcting postures.

Every 1930 student was notified in his registration envelope to report for an X-ray examination. The photographs were taken of the chest, and while the proofs have not yet been returned to Wadsworth House, it is expected that they will give information about the heart, and lungs that will prove invaluable able to the regular physical examinations.

Another innovation of the year was the silhouetting of every Freshman. These silhouettes show the defects in posture, and men who fail to equal the standard of posture set by the Medical Department will be required to attend a gymnasium class. Simple exercises designed to correct poor posture will be used in the class, and men taking it will be able to count it as their regular physical exercise. It is planned to start the gymnasium work next week.